Forming a relationship with someone suffering from Herpes
It might be a big decision about dating someone with herpes but it is not good to turn down someone just because he/she is suffering from this disease. After all, your partner has shown a lot of courage by telling that he/she has herpes.
Some Herpes Facts
- Herpes simplex is a viral skin condition. It can be cold sores on the face, whitlows on the fingers or on genitals or other areas of the skin.
- There are many people who have genital herpes and they are not aware of it probably because no symptoms are visible.
- Herpes simplex virus can pass due to skin to skin contact with a person having herpes virus.
- The first sign of the presence of herpes virus is itching or tingling at the area where the outbreak is about it occur.
- Even if there are no obvious signs, it is likely that you might still have this virus on your skin.
Whether it is those blisters around the mouth or genital herpes, your partner would be embarrassed of course and you might be worrying about it too. But a good thing is that herpes is treatable and it is not a big deal to be in a relationship with someone who is suffering from it.
Tips for dating someone with herpes
Take a look at some tips that can help when you are dating someone with herpes:
- Get yourself tested. You can ask your partner about the type of test they got. It is important to go for a test to find whether or not you have contacted it. There are many people who have genital herpes and they don’t even know about it. If the test is positive and your partner is positive too then you both can get sexually intimate without any worry.
- Support your partner. You need to recognize this that it takes a lot of courage for anyone to admit they have herpes. They need your support so don’t just dump then because of this problem.
- Educate yourself about herpes. You can find a number of websites about herpes that can let you know more about it. Check out the herpes dating site review too. You will learn that dating someone with herpes is just like dating someone with cold sores. Don’t let this be a barrier in true love.
Encourage your partner for medication. Before you two start sleeping together or you get physical, you need to be sure that your partner is on suppressive medication. These medication can reduce the risk of transmission. Wearing condoms does not really stop the virus completely but it can help. During and after outbreaks, do not get physical. You must encourage your partner that he/she tells whenever they feel something is about to come. During that cycle, it is better that you avoid getting physical.
Encourage your partner to check out the herpes dating site review too so that he/she can learn about the dating experience of people who are already suffering from Herpes. It might inspire them to feel better about themselves.